My sister-in-law got this as a gag gift for her dad.

Classic.

First off, are all husbands supposed to look like that? And why is he grinning like that?

I digress.

It’s a great pamphlet, I’m sure.

Yet however full of useful information it may be – much of it timeless (as the book was published by Scripture Press, Wheaton Illinois, 1958) – I must say there are some serious miscalculations when identifying what rates a woman should be paid:

20111105-064843.jpg

How do chauffeuring, governessing, and practical nursing all get paid less than being a food buyer? While not I’m not dismissing the value of the later – as I, for one, very much appreciate good food buying – in our home, the aforementioned are full contact sports and deserve far more in compensation.

Just saying.

Hats off to my selfless, committed, graceful, diligent, food buying, and ever lovely Jennifer Lee. ch:

20111105-064804.jpg

20111105-064923.jpg

Jennifer Hopper · 5 Nov ’11 at 7:10 am

Thank you babe! Does this mean I’m getting a raise? (don’t forget to calculate inflation from 1958-present) just kidding:) I’m already the happiest wife in the world! Love Jenny Lee

Christopher Hopper · 5 Nov ’11 at 9:14 am

If I paid you what you’re worth, I’d have been broke long ago. But I’d chose it every time.

Miriam Woodruff · 5 Nov ’11 at 8:11 am

Bubba, You are favored by God!!!! You could NEVER afford to pay Jennifer what she’s worth. * Blessed is the man who finds a good wife* AND you found a great one… that makes you………..? “:0)

mooney · 5 Nov ’11 at 7:35 pm

Lol. I love this. We are blessed bro. And even if we didnt think so, keepin our ladies happy is cheaper than child support would be, haha.

mooney · 5 Nov ’11 at 8:01 pm

Lol. I always tell beth her job is harder than mine. When i have bad day, i’m just stressed; when beth has a bad day, she stressed AND has to deal with bodily fluid projectile or excretement.

Christopher Hopper · 6 Nov ’11 at 9:41 am

Now that’s just funny right there – too true – and funny.

Nathan R. · 6 Nov ’11 at 6:45 pm

The two most powerful words in any marriage, “Yes, dear”