There’s a steep little hill right outside one of the entrances to Eva’s elementary school.

Last night, after her 1st Grade orientation, the kids asked if they could run down it once.

Which turned into twice.

Which turned into fourteenths.

When suddenly the closest adult (without a recovering slipped disc) ran into the scene completely unannounced and took it to a whole new level.

Thanks for showing one of the many things that great dads are supposed to do, Jason:

Play.

And it’s amazing how once he set precedent, there was instantaneous courage for the kids to try things beyond their own means. (Thank God their mothers weren’t there).

In demonstrating what’s possible, fathers inspire us to attempt what’s not. ch:

VIDEO:
Jason Clement Pulls a Princess Bride

20110902-072536.jpg

Billy Jepma · 2 Sep ’11 at 7:49 am

Man, thats awesome. πŸ™‚ GO JASON!!

Christopher Hopper · 2 Sep ’11 at 2:26 pm

I was watching on in awe and wonder…

What a stud muffin!

Bethany · 2 Sep ’11 at 11:48 am

hahahaha this is sooo typical Jason! πŸ™‚ He is definitely the funniest Dad I know and is an amazing Father!! He also happens to be a great Big brother too!! πŸ˜€
my number one rule:

“Aging is inevitable, but maturing is optional!!” πŸ™‚

β€œLet the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
Matthew 19:14 πŸ™‚

We miss out on so much when we get “old” and “mature” that we forget to love life, to enjoy every second and see things through the eyes of a child…so start acting like a KID!! πŸ˜€ go have FUN!! πŸ˜€

Christopher Hopper · 2 Sep ’11 at 2:26 pm

Couldn’t agree more on all points! Thanks Bethany!

Bethany · 2 Sep ’11 at 11:51 am

btw I love your last saying…
“in demonstrating what possible, fathers inspire us to attempt whats not”
how cool is it that ALL things are possible with our Heavenly Father! We can do ANYTHING, try ANYTHING and Succeed through Him!! πŸ˜€ He is soo beyond cool!

Christopher Hopper · 2 Sep ’11 at 2:25 pm

Good call on referencing the ultimate Father and Matt. 19:26! You go girl!

Sue Clement · 2 Sep ’11 at 3:00 pm

ha ha —– Yes, that’s our boy!!!! And yes I did say “boy” – I know physically he has grown into a man. But in heart & Mind he hasn’t left his childhood. I guess he takes after his dad in that – His dad says he isn’t going to go through his second childhood – because he is never leaving his first!!!! That fits Jason to a tee. Love you so much Jake – and very proud of who you are….God Bless you —-

Christopher Hopper · 2 Sep ’11 at 3:02 pm

What a cool thing to hear from a mom. #priceless

I don’t plan on ever leaving mine either. πŸ˜‰

Mandee Widrick · 2 Sep ’11 at 3:06 pm

I definitely didn’t watch that video 5 times while laughing my head off. LOL.

mooney · 2 Sep ’11 at 7:35 pm

Awesome! And yeah, there are definitly times when we dads pull out the “lets do domething crazy cause your mom cant see us” card. Lol

Christopher Hopper · 2 Sep ’11 at 7:50 pm

I find myself doing that more and more…

…is that wrong?

Renna · 2 Sep ’11 at 10:47 pm

No it’s not wrong! I always loved it when my dad did that!

Jason Clement · 3 Sep ’11 at 9:28 am

You know you all wish you had my mad ninja tumbling skills! I’m wondering how many parents and teachers inside the school happened to look out and scratch their heads in wonder and amazement. Ah well… I’d fall down the hill again in a heartbeat to see the laughter and joy on Luiks face!

Christopher Hopper · 4 Sep ’11 at 5:45 pm

Ha ha! I never thought about that! I’m sure we’ll hear stories next week in school. “Hey there Mr. Clement…nice moves last week…”

Sarah Rice · 7 Sep ’11 at 1:02 am

whoa… thats SO awesome!!!! Love “Princess Bride”!!!!

Liz · 7 Sep ’11 at 4:26 pm

The video link wasn’t there on my computer, so could you please post the link to it? Pretty please?

Christopher Hopper · 7 Sep ’11 at 7:47 pm

Hi Liz. It’s there, but you probably need to try a different browser, like FireFox.