Here’s an excerpt of an email I sent to my Proofies yesterday:

Out of courtesy to you, I feel I should explain that my lack of communication, the impetus of which stemmed from three primary issues:

1.) A global switch from Microsoft Word to Adobe InDeisgn as primary layout application. Because InDesign is so much more elaborate, and I’ve never used it before, the learning curve alone set me back a few weeks. I must have gone over nearly every page of [ROTD] no less than 20 times. Working with the Miller brothers also meant that I had to cater to certain time limitations on their part.

2.) Three weeks ago I suffered a herniated disc (an old injury revisited) which literally knocked me off my feet, unable to sit in one position for more than a few minutes. The prescribed medication made me fuzzy, and far from able to keep track of the details needed for a 300+ page manuscript. (Please keep me in prayer as I’m not out of the woods yet).

3.) Summer kicked in. Frankly, many mornings and nights I did not want to even touch my computer to work on much of anything. As most of you know who follow my blog, my pace is pretty intense. So I allowed myself days off.

Needless to say, I’m back at it, feeling stronger physically, mentally, and with a better handle on InDesign.

I’ve finished my editor’s changes to TLV, and I’m beginning work on formatting it in InDesign; yes, hopefully it will be much faster now that I have a stronger handle on the application. I’m anticipating this to take about 2 weeks, [before it’s ready for the Proofies’ review]. While you’re busy going through TLV and searching for changes, I’ll be editing and formatting the long awaited AD.

In an effort to offer my loyal readers at least something date-wise, I’d say ROTD will be for sale in early September, TLV in late September, and AD in late October, though this is not concrete. Your sincere patience means the world to me. ch:

20110822-053755.jpg

Benjamin · 23 Aug ’11 at 1:43 am

I have been waiting for Athera’s Dawn since Lion Vrie came out, so this news is very exciting. And I will fervently be looking for the little changes while I am waiting for Athera’s Dawn. And thank you for not forgetting about us readers.

Christopher Hopper · 23 Aug ’11 at 7:05 am

Benjamin: to the point, I have thought about AD and my incredible fan base of readers every single day since I started this journey in 2004. The fact that we’re even this close has me stoked beyond reason! It’s comments and kindness like yours that keep me going. Thank you!

Sarah · 23 Aug ’11 at 11:23 am

Thanks for the release date, Sir Hopper! I was wondering about that- I want to buy hard copies of all your books so I can read them whenever I want! (*cough*possible all night TWLC marathon*cough*)

Christopher Hopper · 23 Aug ’11 at 1:34 pm

Now that’s a GRAND idea! I fear you’ll never sleep once you start Athera’s Dawn, however! Muahahaha!

Sarah · 23 Aug ’11 at 9:39 pm

Ooh, now I’m really intrigued . . . I can’t wait to find out what surprises you’ve got in store for us in Athera’s Dawn, Sir Hopper, and I think that I really will do a marathon . . . sometime.

Sarah · 23 Aug ’11 at 9:39 pm

Marathon reading, that is.

Christopher Hopper · 23 Aug ’11 at 10:45 pm

Well said. 😉 I followed.

Though I’ve often thought about running a marathon one day…

Billy Jepma · 23 Aug ’11 at 12:52 pm

Sweet, disappointed I have to wait a few weeks still to re-read my favorite book series for the fourth time, but it juts lets my anticipation grow! Good luck bro, looking forward to it!! YAY!!!! 🙂

Christopher Hopper · 23 Aug ’11 at 1:34 pm

Ha ha…such is the life of loyal readers of an overly-booked author.

Micah 6:8 · 23 Aug ’11 at 1:24 pm

Sweet! Thanks Mr. Hopper!

Christian Fahey · 23 Aug ’11 at 9:14 pm

It’s been said “the world is run by tired men.” You’ve posted EVERY SINGLE DAY for I don’t know how many weeks. Your diligence is noted and is an inspiration, CKH. Very cool! (Now I feel convicted….and that is a VERY good thing.)

Christopher Hopper · 23 Aug ’11 at 10:43 pm

What a cool quote. Glad I’m counted among them (though far from ruling the world). That being said, I do feel as though my life is a small match to be burned; may I flare brilliant for my season in honor of pointing toward a greater Light.

Thanks for noticing. Not sure what fire (to continue the imagery) got lit in me, but I’m running with it as long as I’m able. Almost more of a challenge…to see if I can really be “that diligent.” For how long?

Christian Fahey · 24 Aug ’11 at 6:50 pm

The upshot of your diligence, C, is that it becomes habitual. Which means a certain “automaticity” that you feel less and less the longer you do it, reaping the divine dividends of discipline and diligence. Remember, it only takes 21 days consecutively to develop any habit. You are well on your way. VERY cool.

Christopher Hopper · 24 Aug ’11 at 7:24 pm

Huh, those are both great thoughts. Never deliberately thought about the rewards of forming good habits like that.

Sarah Rice · 23 Aug ’11 at 11:55 pm

Ooooohhh…. (shivers with delight and excitement)
Can’t wait to get all three books!!!!! I own ROTD and TLV but will definetly be getting them in hard copy so I can read the little tweaks. Which will mean I shall read them for the fourth time while waiting “patiently” (yeah right) for AD…. I have a feeling when I get my hands on AD I shall not sleep until I have completed it!!! 🙂
Thank You so much for all your hard work and for sharing your amazing gift!! You are a very talented author 🙂 When I get your books it shall be like Christmas morning!!! te he… looking forward to it
Blessings to you Sir Hopper 🙂

Jake · 26 Aug ’11 at 3:20 pm

I’ll be praying for you, Sir Hopper.

Can’t wait to read them again!

Jeremy · 10 Nov ’11 at 11:49 am