2007. That is the year I left readers on the edge of a precipice. And I’m only surprised they don’t loathe me more.

So you can only imagine how good I feel saying this (almost as good as my readers must feel!):

I’m personally re-releasing The White Lion Chronicles Books I & II as second edition ebooks, and Book III as a first edition ebook.

When my contract with Tsaba House expired, the publishing rights reverted back to me. And just as I’ve replied to hundreds of emails and FaceBook message and tweets, I’ve been looking for a mutually beneficial traditional print contract. But over the course of the last year, the publishing market has changed so dramatically that self-publishing – once an insult – has become the smartest option, by far. In fact, I can’t imagine looking for a legacy publishing deal ever again.

Editing and proof reading are just about to start on all three books, and cover designs are already in the mock-up phase. My plan right now is to release Rise of the Dibor first, followed a few weeks later by The Lion Vrie, and ending with the long-awaited Athera’s Dawn. All three ebooks will be available via digital retailers with an anticipated price point of just $2.99. If I can lower the price even more, I will.

So to all my fans who have stayed so loyal over the years, c’symia. ch:

C.R Mooney · 16 May ’11 at 6:47 pm

Incredible! I can’t wait! Will I be able to read them without a Kindle? I don’t have a reader yet, but would gladly get them in pdf. Can I be the first with an autographed copy? hehe

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 6:56 pm

I’ll make them available on my website as a PDF if no other format works for you. Thanks, man! (Yes, I’ll sign your laptop screen).

Michelle · 16 May ’11 at 6:52 pm

*AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH* Finally finally finally! *hyperventilates* ::runs off to tell the internet::

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 6:57 pm

Awe! I love you, Scribe! Thanks for your enthusiasm.

Shane Deal · 16 May ’11 at 6:53 pm

Yeah! I look forward to purchasing and reading all three of them. 🙂 Will it be on Amazon? If so I know what I’ll be doing with my Amazon gift card. 😀

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 6:57 pm

Well I certainly appreciate the vote of confidence; using you’re Amazon gift card on me is an honor.

Connie · 16 May ’11 at 6:58 pm

So …. we finally get to read Athena’s Dawn?! FINALLY?!!? This is cause for rejoicing!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

Connie · 16 May ’11 at 6:59 pm

Oops, I meant Athera’s Dawn.

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 7:24 pm

Athena’s works, too. Greek gods thrown into Dionia might be cool. You never know…

Connie · 16 May ’11 at 10:09 pm

Hahaha, it would be interesting, to say the least. So glad we finally get to read it, man.

And by the way. DO.NOT.LEAVE.US.HANGING.LIKE.THAT.AGAIN.

Got it?

Good 🙂

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 7:23 pm

Bust out the singing band!

Anne · 16 May ’11 at 7:24 pm

First, I don’t loathe you [too much] anymore. This announcement pretty much cancels out any residual loathing that may have remained.

Second, I should like to say how relieved I am that the poor souls in the first two books won’t be left in the nebulous world of unfinished tales. And, of course, how relieved I am that I’ll finally find out what happens to them all.

And third, congrats! 😀

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 8:06 pm

Ha ha, well thanks Anne! Appreciate all of the un-loathing going on here.

Auberne' Fox-Hughes · 16 May ’11 at 7:27 pm

Awesome! I have been waiting for the last book! 🙂 <3 Will a hard copy Of the third book be available? A PDF will work for me if not.

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 8:07 pm

I have a secret plan in the back of my head about releasing a hard cover collectors series at a later date, but first things first…

I’ll make a PDF version available if none of the other formats work for you. No prob.

Auberne` Fox-Hughes · 16 May ’11 at 8:14 pm

That would be awesome! I have a iPod and a app for the Kindle so I might be able to do it that way. If not a PDF would be the way to go for me. I can’t wait.

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 8:44 pm

When it comes out, you let me know what you want.

Auberne` Fox-Hughes · 16 May ’11 at 9:46 pm

Ok, thanks! ^-^

Leah Stockholm · 16 May ’11 at 7:41 pm

So excited Christopher! You are such a Blessing and I cant wait to read the 3rd book =)))))

reenie · 16 May ’11 at 8:41 pm

I have NOT read the first two BECAUSE I hate being left hanging ….Now finially I can read all three and be on solid ground at all times – Yes, my sequential is showing – Glad Chris asked about the PDF – because we do not have a reader either…… Congrats Christian !!!!!!

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 8:44 pm

Thanks so much, Reenie! I do hope you like the series.

Mandee Widrick · 16 May ’11 at 8:46 pm

Sweet. For real. One of these days I’ll have to chat it up with you in regards to self publishing because I’m hoping to get a book put together within the next year and I’m just curious about the whole process.

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 9:02 pm

Gladly! And I’ll blog on the process, too. (You go girl!)

Evergreena · 16 May ’11 at 8:55 pm

{insert choir singing: “HAAA-lle-lu-jah! HAAA-lle-lu-jah!”}

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 9:01 pm

“Forrrrr – the – Lord – God – om – nip – potent – rrrreign – eth!”

whisper · 16 May ’11 at 9:21 pm

HUZZAH!!!! *rejoices* FANTASTIC!!

Can you give us an estimate as to when, approximately, the Great E-Book Publishing will commence?

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 9:52 pm

Probably 2-3 weeks for proof reading and formatting, the cover design. Shooting for ROTD to hit mid-June, with the next two over the next 2-3 weeks in build up.

whisper · 17 May ’11 at 4:01 pm

Splendid; splendid! Thank you. 🙂

Christopher Hopper · 17 May ’11 at 7:35 pm

You are MOST welcome! And thank YOU for reading!

Margaret · 16 May ’11 at 9:33 pm

My boy CJ is pumped, but far too reserved to say so, so I am saying so. He’s also sequential, so he is forgiving you and full of hope now that he can read #3. It was touch and go for a bit… We love your books, and are so very thankful for you ch.

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 9:51 pm

Wow, this is SO kind! Thank you! And tell CJ I’m pumped he’s pumped! Thanks!

Ryan Paige Howard · 16 May ’11 at 9:51 pm

Oh I’m so excited to hear this! I was just thinking, Will we ever get Athera’s Dawn? What happened to poor Luik Anorra, and dear Fane? Now we will know! I do hope your secret plan in releasing a hard cover collectors series does come true… I love real books, but I wouldn’t mind if I only had to read it on the computer 🙂 Congrats Christopher Hopper… I’m excited about this for you also. Must be a great feeling to release your whole epic series and bless your fans.

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 10:00 pm

YES! I am so stoked! I take it quite personally when people get disappointed and have been wanting the 3rd book FOR THEM for a long time. You’ll love it, I promise.

Nathan Petrie · 16 May ’11 at 9:54 pm

After two terribly painful cliffhangers, and years to wait, I know it’ll all be worth it 😀 LOVED these books, literally changed my life. Cannot wait to read the ending 😀

C’symia to you CH 😀

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 9:59 pm

Nathan: truly blown away by this comment, bro. Thank you. No words, really. Glad God could use my little offering for something as epic as touching someone’s life. (And you won’t be disappointed with AD; it’s my favorite by far!).

Nathan Petrie · 16 May ’11 at 10:09 pm

Ch: God uses you in so many ways, glad I can be a part in encouraging you. The truths placed in these books, Luik’s overcoming sin among them, really were used by God at a time when I needed it. I meant to tell you before…guess I haven’t 😉 Praying for you man! Varos! (sp? been a while hahaha)

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 10:30 pm

Thanks bro. You got it right. (Trust me, I had to think for a sec about “c’symia”!)

Jake · 16 May ’11 at 10:00 pm

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

For those of us who like print books still 😉 will you be publishing a print version through a self-publisher?

I can’t wait to read this. 😐 😐 😐 GEHSKJEHENFURTOR! BLEH! *strangles self* Good thing I have a Kindle.

The final battle! HUZZAH! *dances*

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 10:31 pm

Glad you’re excited! Thanks! I simply don’t have the financing to do a run of print books on this…too many babies’ mouths to feed. But I hope to release a collector’s set one day. One thing at a time.

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 10:32 pm

(It is quite an epic final battle, too!)

Noah Arsenault · 16 May ’11 at 10:05 pm

Can’t wait! Although, I wonder if there will be any possibility of getting Athera’s Dawn as a physical book, even though it will be published as an ebook?

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 10:30 pm

I really hope to release a hard cover collectors series one day, but have to do this first. Printing holds a big budgetary requirement which I can’t carry right now. Too many babies’ mouths to feed.

Jen Tillson · 16 May ’11 at 10:50 pm

Oh my goodness, I’m so excited!!! Finally, finally!
These characters have been “on pause” for quite a while, especially Anorra (“eerie clicking..” NOOOOO!)
This book series is wonderful-I’ve come back to them at different times through out the years and the Lord has never failed to speak to me powerfully out of the world and the story He helped you weave together!
So thank you for being faithful with the gift He has given you!
Though I’m a bit of a ‘book purest’ (what can I say, I blame it on the assigned reading of ‘Fahrenheit 451’ in High School), I DO want to buy the pdf? Will this be available through your website to purchase along with the ebook?
………………looking forward to hearing the end.

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 10:58 pm

Thanks Jen! You rock!

I’ll keep everyone posted on the formats, including PDF.

Michelle · 16 May ’11 at 10:51 pm

I know what I’ll be doing in the next few weeks. 😀 Re-reading so I’m all caught up and ready. Christopher if I could reach you, I’d squish you with joyful hugs! I am so excited 😀

Micah 6:8 · 16 May ’11 at 11:15 pm

AWESOME! THANK YOU SO MUCH CH!

Billy Jepma · 17 May ’11 at 8:55 am

WHAT!? Man, no physical copies! Awww, man!!! I don’t have a reader, and if its just a file, I can’t flip the pages! Rise of the Dibor and my 2 Lion Vries’ seem so incomplete on my shelf. 🙁 Okay, I’m done now. Can’t wait to read it again CH!

Christopher Hopper · 17 May ’11 at 7:36 pm

I know…I know…I’m working on it! But for now, there’s always the “print” button. 😉 Love you bro.

Sam · 17 May ’11 at 11:49 am

Hey CH! Praise God! Can’t wait to support you on this.

Sam

Christopher Hopper · 17 May ’11 at 7:36 pm

Man, thanks a ton, Sam, Really appreciate your support.

Robert Treskillard · 17 May ’11 at 2:22 pm

Congrats, Bro! It’s about time, and the right time!

Christopher Hopper · 17 May ’11 at 7:36 pm

Ah yes! Thank you dear Sir Robert. Honored by your encouragement.

wayne thomas batson · 17 May ’11 at 4:10 pm

Having been around Sir Christopher while he was working on book 3, I am reasonably certain that you are NOT going to want to miss it. EPIC

Christopher Hopper · 17 May ’11 at 7:35 pm

And that you helped with a number of the developments goes without saying; there’s Batson influence in there!

Nathan R. · 17 May ’11 at 11:01 pm

I’ll join in the chorus of Hallelujahs, Hurrays and Finallys! 🙂

Pretty smart move sir, waiting this long so everybody has to reread the first two to remember what’s it’s all about.

Also, a note for those who commented about not having an eReader. You can download the Kindle App on most smart phones and desktop computers. http://amzn.to/j4xi4Z

Check out http://www.lulu.com for self-printing.

Christopher Hopper · 18 May ’11 at 10:21 am

Thanks for the desktop ereader tip! Perfect!

Thanks bro; you’ve always been such a support over the years.

Seth · 18 May ’11 at 1:23 pm

Sho excited. I’ve got so many books to read right now, but you can bet that the first two books will be bumped up the list to get ready. I’ve been thinking bout getting a Kindle for a while but this may be the thing to push me over the edge. This and Ghost, that is. Either way, st-oked!

Seth,

Emma e squared · 21 May ’11 at 6:05 pm

Awesome! My summer has just gotten 3 times better! Just a quick question, will it be available in Kobo ebook format? Even if it isn’t, I’ll definitely find a way to read them. It would even be worth it to buy a Kindle just to read book three! Thank you so much for writing these books. They really changed my way of thinking.

Christopher Hopper · 22 May ’11 at 7:05 pm

Emma: I’m so honored by your “change my way of thinking” comment. Wow. Doesn’t get much better than that for an author. Yes, your Kobo should be supported with my final formatting of the manuscripts.

William · 6 Jun ’11 at 5:41 am

Good! Look forward to the release of the books. 🙂

jeremy · 7 Jun ’11 at 7:56 am

Awesome news! I have gone the way of the Kindle for a year now. I am stoked about the ebooks! When will Athera’s dawn be released?

Jake Scholl · 28 Jun ’11 at 4:33 pm

Excited to read the series. 🙂

Lisa · 21 Aug ’11 at 1:42 am

How close are you to having Athera’s Dawn out on ebooks? I can’t seem to find any information on it and am anxiously awaiting it’s arrival.

Christopher Hopper · 21 Aug ’11 at 1:47 pm

Hi Lisa! Thanks for your eagerness. It means a lot. I’m currently in the final stages of printing ROTD, and almost done with second edition TLV edits. Then I’ll begin work on AD and get it ready for print; I was hoping August, but it’s looking more like late September/early October. I’ll post an update on my blog soon.