“Seeding Prophetic Recordings Into Generations.” That’s the heart behind the new record company. And to pull off something that big, it requires a number of things:

A church-based business model that values lives as a return, not necessarily money (though we believe things should should run in the black).

A dedicated staff who believes in pastoring musical artists in their stewardship of time, talent, and treasure.

And – to make those musical recordings come to life – a recording studio.

From the very first day New Life Christian Church moved into her present home in the old movie house in Watertown, NY the Board was very clear that one of the theaters would be dedicated to this venture. And for that – and them holding to their word for over 2 years – I am extremely grateful.

Today, that recording studio is becoming a reality; we officially “broke ground” by setting the first walls this past Wednesday. And my, what a feeling. But planning obviously started over two years ago, leading to the serious design-phase beginning in March 2011.

Enjoy this first scrapbook log of pics from our first “day reams.” ch:

[Photos: Jennifer Hopper – March 20th, 2010]

HUNTING: Peter & Christopher Hopper consult a reference design book of past studio successes at Christopher’s home in Clayton, NY.

EYE ON THE PRIZE: Peter browses specs with years of experience guiding him – this, his 5th career studio build-out.

WATCHING: Ever the student beside his father, Christopher follows Dad’s lead.

COMPARING: Pausing to study the build-out of a famous LA studio.

FOR SPRIG? Certain design elements are noted and logged for later application to Sprig Studio plans.

HANDS: Finger tips and pen points trace building plans of legacy studios.

Categories: news

Sarah Matteson · 14 May ’11 at 11:01 pm

What a great picture of father and son. Jenny did an amazing job capturing the two of you and your passion for not only excellence but for the art.

Christopher Hopper · 15 May ’11 at 6:09 am

Wow, I never thought of it quite like that! I guess the craft supplies are just way bigger! Thanks Sarah.

Miriam Woodruff · 15 May ’11 at 5:53 am

Sooooo good to see things progressing. Can I come watch like the “old days”? Peter/Dad is looking GREAT !!! Gotta be lovin’ it!

Christopher Hopper · 15 May ’11 at 6:10 am

He does, and he is, and you can! Wish you was here, gal; but glad you can watch from afar via these little posts.

Billy Jepma · 15 May ’11 at 9:26 am

Sweet! Glad it worked out for you CH! Good luck on it all, will pray it works out!!! P.S. Great picture!! 🙂

Christopher Hopper · 15 May ’11 at 10:20 pm

Thanks dude. You’ll have to come down and check it out soon.

Christian Fahey · 16 May ’11 at 10:10 am

These are really nice shots of you and your dad, C. I bet it will be good. 🙂

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 10:37 am

Thanks, Christian. Jenny is a genius. And you’ll have to come test the studio out for yourself.

PS – Jacob says hi and missed you. Concert was epic, as always.

Christian Fahey · 16 May ’11 at 11:29 am

Yes, she does really, really nice work. I’m very impressed. Sounds like it was a great show and I miss JM too. And I’m doing a lot more guitaring these days so I’d love to test ride it. Listening, in fact, to some of your dad’s early work with PK and honing my ears in on the really cool layers of overdubs. Now I’m getting ideas for some of my own stuff. Just love it! Thanks bro.

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 9:57 pm

Ooooo, so cool! You know, I just got back in touch with my old friend Andrew Veltz, Kenny’s son. He’s on-fire for Jesus right now and living outside Baltimore. It’s been YEARS since we last talked. Like his dad, he’s an amazing guitarist and songwriter.

Christian Fahey · 17 May ’11 at 6:58 pm

LOL For the past 4 years, I thought Kenny Veltz was “Anthony” Veltz. Don’t know how I mixed that up. (No wonder I thought he’d fallen off the earth!) Love the Love Inn Recording from ’79. Now I’m finding scads of stuff on he and Jeannie all over the net. Too cool!

Christopher Hopper · 17 May ’11 at 7:34 pm

Ha ha, I was going to say something but I knew you’d figure it out. 😉 Yeah, they’re very dynamic. Pray for their family as a whole though…it’s been a long and winding road for them. Glad the Lord has you onto their music in this season right now.

Christian Fahey · 18 May ’11 at 12:08 pm

Word. Seems to be a commonality amongst you guys who survived the Shepherding Movement. Reading some from Ron & Vicki Burks’ book “Damaged Disciples” (out of print) last night after checking stuff out about K & J Veltz. They’re still married 36 years later–quite a wonder. It’s God’s grace any of us still serve him after going through some of those extremes from long ago. 🙂

Ronald N Sykes · 16 May ’11 at 4:26 pm

Yea man it’s Good seeing you and your father preparing to make another mark in history under the banner of Christ. I look forward to my first project with you guys in the studio.

Christopher Hopper · 16 May ’11 at 9:55 pm

That will be a glorious day indeed! Love you, Ron. Thanks for your years of friendship and music-making for the King with me. May we have many more!

Auggie · 12 Mar ’12 at 12:58 pm

I’m so pumped about this!

Matt Harris · 27 Jan ’14 at 12:43 am

Does Sprig have website?

Christopher Hopper · 27 Jan ’14 at 2:59 pm

Not yet. But we’re working on it. Site debut scheduled for March 1st.