FAMILY LOVE: Pastor Christian & Fabien Collbis with their children. Each of them prayed for me before the night’s meeting. I left their home so full of the Lord and in awe of God’s faithfulness “to each generation.”

Last night I traveled to the mountain village of Reconvilier and preached to an incredible group of Christians, nearly 600 strong. This region has a Christian heritage that spans hundreds of years, and I was deeply moved by their love for all generations, from very young to very old. As such, I challenged them to strategically cultivate a 100 year vision as a Body of the Believers that act as a priest for their nation, representing Jesus before the people and the people before Jesus. It was a deeply moving time in the presence of the Lord.

FROM THE FRONT: A glimpse from on-stage during the meeting in Reconvilier. Notice the grey heads as well as the young faces. (Don’t forget us bald guys, too).

I also had the opportunity to share songs off the new French CD for the very first time in public. And the band they provided me was practiced and fired up for the night! What a joy to hear hundreds of francophone Believers singing: “Voici le jour du Seigneur / Voici l’appel de nos coeurs / Chante Alleluia, allelu, Amen!” As much as that song (This Is The Day) was written for English speakers in my home town, it was written for these incredible soldiers of the faith as well.

GETTING STARTED: The worship leader, David, paves the way for the rest of the evening.

Today was my first formal day with the School of Worship students here at YWAM Yverdon. I’m really excited as this class seems fully engaged, enthusiastic about being here, and ready to learn. Each of them feel a call to serve the nations through music, and as a result, have a strong leadership mantle on their lives. So addressing them not just as musicians but as servant-leaders is the distinct direction God is leading me in.

After taking over an hour to share my testimony–how I normally start every discipleship school I teach–I moved into the concept of heaven meeting earth using Jacob’s ladder-from-heaven dream found in Genesis 28. Christian’s are so sad in church because they’re just waiting around to go to heaven; meanwhile, God is waiting for opportunities to invade earth!

The afternoon workshop was Songwriting 101, exploring everything from identifying your audience to thematic communication. I gave the students 30 minutes to write as much as they could, and then the opportunity to share in front of the group. What followed was a collage of spiritual reflections emanating from the multinational landscape of the student body.

In short, I got blessed far more than they did.

THE FOOT FLUSHER: A urinal that only the Swiss could come up with: you flush it with your foot. Genius.

Christian Fahey · 21 Feb ’11 at 4:24 pm

“God is waiting for opportunities to invade earth.” Yes Yes!!

Christopher Hopper · 21 Feb ’11 at 4:26 pm

I feel like Francis Schaeffer’s creative spirit is leaking up through my feet while I’m here!

Christian Fahey · 21 Feb ’11 at 4:38 pm

Go baby! Remember, Schaeffer–years ahead of his time amongst evangelicals–was all about taking the culture under the rubric “The Lordship of Christ in the Totality of Life.” Do it!

Sverker · 21 Feb ’11 at 5:16 pm

The tricky part is on how to use both feet …

Christopher Hopper · 22 Feb ’11 at 7:04 am

LOL…I just got a picture of jumping to use both feet and then falling headfirst into the toilet.

Pastor Tom · 21 Feb ’11 at 8:41 pm

It is good to see God at work so powerfully in calling servant-leaders of all ages together to grow closer to Him in order to impact their nation in the name of Christ. Thanks for sharing the encouragement and enthusiasm.

Miriam Woodruff · 22 Feb ’11 at 1:21 am

Great Update Christopher. I am excited for the life you’ve tapped into there. I am excited for what God is doing. Abide in His faithfulness & watch Him work. Praise His Holy Name!

NB: I think Judah Pants has had a subtle effect on his father. Think on it – you’ll know what I mean. LOL “:0)

Christopher Hopper · 22 Feb ’11 at 8:49 am

That I clog the toilet with lots of stuff? Amen. 😉

Billy Jepma · 22 Feb ’11 at 8:36 am

Sounds like God is working wonder through you CH> 🙂 Keep it up, you have my prayers as well.

BTW, what an awesome toilet idea!!

Christopher Hopper · 22 Feb ’11 at 8:51 am

I know, isn’t it great?!

Thanks for the prayers, bro!

Yaëlle · 23 Feb ’11 at 10:23 am

It was great to meet you and to sing with you sunday evening! I was truly blessed!
Blessings!

Christopher Hopper · 23 Feb ’11 at 11:43 am

Thank you, Yaëlle! You were a BIG blessing to me, too! Thanks for your heart for Jesus and for using your voice to honor Him!

Christian & Fabienne · 24 Feb ’11 at 4:30 pm

Hello Christopher,
Still remembering your coming in Reconvilier and still talking about what will be going on here in 100 years. A few generation later, same Lord, same zele and fire for Jesus. Many more couples and families living for Him…
Greetings, Christian & Fabienne

Christopher Hopper · 1 Mar ’11 at 4:50 pm

Wow, thank you. You guys are simply incredible. Still so touched by our time together. All my love to your tribe!

Christian & Fabienne · 24 Mar ’11 at 5:54 am

Hi Christopher,
      Many blessings from Switzerland. We’re still focused on HIM.
      One of our daugher would like to sing “Les mots sont dérisoires” in Church. Is it possible for you to send us an instrumental mp3 of it?
      Thanks and blessings for you and your family. Hope everything is doing fine.
      Christian & Fabienne & team