christopher hopper gifts of water mission

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. -Jesus (Matthew 6:19-21)

So what’s our family’s big news?

Today, Black Friday, millions of people are buying hundreds of millions of dollars worth of items that will not likely last more than a few years. Some more than a few hours.

While I’m all in to buying gifts for the ones I love, I also long to make scripture practical.

So we’re asking for your help.

Buy something that you can store up in heaven.

Buy someone’s life.

The Hopper Family has partnered with Gifts Of Water (Water Missions International) to create our own team, and we’d like you and your family to join us in purchasing pure water for communities in Uganda. $10. That’s it.

We get nothing for this. No disclaimers needed. Except maybe the recognition we get from heaven for doing a very small act of kindness that results in keeping people we will never meet alive and healthy.

Let us know if you’re “in” via comment below, then go donate on our team page here. Then please tell your FaceBook and Twitter friends that you joined Team Hopper and ask them to do the same. We’re trying to raise $2,000 by Christmas! ch:

UPDATE: 11.29.2010 – Over $1,400 raised for our first community! Check out our new team page here.

Jamie Rutigliano · 26 Nov ’10 at 9:36 am

Awesome! and we will give a donation, I encourage all of my facebook friends and family to give such a small amount for such a great gift.

Christopher Hopper · 26 Nov ’10 at 9:40 am

Thanks so much, Jamie! And you’re so right: what a small amount of money for something so profoundly important. The real question is, how could we not do this? ch:

Dave Steel · 26 Nov ’10 at 10:09 am

like it love it gonna do it!!! This is less expensive than putting 10 minutes on yer cell people!! and probably easier too.
Jesus loves the children so let’s all give them a cool drink!!!

Christopher Hopper · 26 Nov ’10 at 11:06 am

Word! Thanks so much Dave! Appreciate you helping us spread the word.

Jeremy · 26 Nov ’10 at 10:30 am

Blue Fridays are always better!!! You guys are the Best!!!

Beth Walrath · 26 Nov ’10 at 10:58 am

Awesome, sounds great! I am in, and I will pass the word along. My favorite part about Christmas is giving. 😀

Jason Zoll · 26 Nov ’10 at 12:16 pm

I am in. A very good cause. Team Hopper all the way. (Kinda reminds me of the promo for team Jacob and team Edward that burger king had for the Twilight movies.)

Christopher Hopper · 26 Nov ’10 at 12:24 pm

Thanks Jason. Twilight…only cooler, right?

Jason Zoll · 26 Nov ’10 at 12:28 pm

Way cooler then twilight. Lol

Rachel · 26 Nov ’10 at 12:29 pm

AWESOME!!! Planning on doing this is combination with advent conspiracy this year… 😀 Why did you decide to partner with this mission in particular? Is there a specific reason?!

Christopher Hopper · 26 Nov ’10 at 1:11 pm

Thanks so much, Rachel! Two primary reasons. While there are a number of water projects out there that I believe in (and have given to) I loved a) how they have made their giving and online interface so social-media friendly (a real key in getting people like me to join, and then help make it go viral), and b) how enthusiastic and quick they are to work with. My new page with them will be going live on Monday (the current landing page is a generic one as their programers are out of town for Thanksgiving).

Megan Jackson · 26 Nov ’10 at 4:30 pm

That just made my day! So glad I was able to help. Much better than going and blowing money on me just because I felt like it. God Bless you and your family!

Christopher Hopper · 26 Nov ’10 at 5:09 pm

Too true! Thanks so much for listening, Megan. You rock.

Lori Kittelson · 26 Nov ’10 at 4:48 pm

We are in Christopher. Such a rewarding project.

Christopher Hopper · 26 Nov ’10 at 5:10 pm

Oh, wonderful! Thank you, Lori! Appreciate you guys so much.

Ryan Paige Howard · 27 Nov ’10 at 12:27 am

Thanks beautiful Hopper family for letting me help out in something so wonderful! I will try to spread the word on this 🙂

God’s care,
~Ryan

Christopher Hopper · 27 Nov ’10 at 8:00 pm

You’re so welcome, Ryan. And thank YOU for helping out. You’re a rock star.

EmClementine · 29 Nov ’10 at 1:17 pm

Loving the idea. Nate and I will do this as our gift to eachother this year. Go Team Hopper!

Christopher Hopper · 29 Nov ’10 at 5:05 pm

What a fabulous idea to give each other! Thanks Em. You’re one amazing person.

reenie · 1 Dec ’10 at 10:59 am

Love this where do we send the check !!!! Water…such a small thing but in the giving, there is living water as well, sprinkled on those who receive!!!!!

Christopher Hopper · 5 Dec ’10 at 2:48 pm

Just click on the team link above, Reenie. It should have all the info there. Let me know if not.

Christopher Hopper » For the Big Hearted Among Us · 29 Nov ’10 at 11:15 pm

[…] not sure what gifts you’re buying for your family or friends this year, but just like the Gift of Water that I’m highlighting all this month, I’m adding this book to my list of “eternal […]